CREATING A REALITY SHOW
It's easier than you think. The next hit show could be yours!
Announcing Write Reality's 2013 Reality Show Idea Contest!
Just put your reality show idea down in a short, easy-to-write summary for a chance to win $2,000 in cash prizes and have your idea read by industry judges and considered by the top reality companies, including MPH Entertainment (The Dog Whisperer), 44 Blue Productions (Lock Up), GRB Entertainment (Intervention), Buck Productions (Cake Walk), T Group Productions (Storage Wars) and Paper Route Productions (Yukon Men).
New this year: Any contestant who places two shows in the top 25 will win a bonus prize of $ 200!
2012 Third Prize Winner "Fed Wives" by Ebony Evans has been optioned by one of Write Reality's partner production companies, Bogner Entertainment/Relativity Real. Congratulations, Ebony!
Here are the three easy steps to enter the contest:
1. Write a 1-4 page, double spaced description of your reality show idea. It's simple; we'll show you how.
2. Save your Show Description in one of the following formats: Word, Works, TextEdit or as a PDF file and use the show title and your last name to name the file.
Example: Dancing With The Stars - Jones.
3. Click on the Enter Button to upload your Show Description and submit your Entry Fee.
|Early: May 31, 2013||
|Regular: Aug 31, 2013||
|Late: Oct. 31, 2013||
*Entrants and winners reserve all rights to their submitted ideas and keep all money owed to them as the idea's creator from any sale or deal, whether generated by Write Reality or by any other means.
When will the winners be notified?
The Top Twenty Five --November 30, 2013
The Top Ten -- December 15, 2013
The Final Four including Grand Prize Winner -- December 30, 2013
What makes our contest unique?
- Write Reality is the only writing contest dedicated exclusively to reality television.
- As reality television producers, we've developed and sold shows and forged personal relationships with the top reality production companies.
- The networks don't care whether reality shows are created by professional screenwriters or producers. They just want great reality show ideas!
How can I find out about last year's winners?
We had a great inaugural year in 2012. Thanks to everyone who entered and congratulations to our winners and runners-up! Go to the 2012 Winners page to learn more.
Remember, reality shows are not only about "real" people, they are often written by "real" people, too. Creating a reality show is your job. Write Reality's job is to help you sell it.
Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. John Lennon